Monday, October 26, 2009

My Birthday!!

 

Ayi Jihu celebrates her birthday

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time sure flies, last year this time I was in Macau, starting my Macau/HK journey, can’t believe so much has happened.  So much has been achieved,  We have worked so very hard and sacrificed so very much and it feels like it was yesterday! Some people stayed the same, I’m definately not the same person I was a year ago. A better a wiser person I hope. The crazy thing about learning is the more you know the more you know you don’t know and the therefore the more you want to learn.  Lot’s will happen in the future, you never know, so enjoy the moment while you can is one of my new mottos!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had my first surprise party last year, Stevie organised that with some friends in Macau.  They made it a wonderful day for me especially being away from family.  Sadly like life, things happen and people come and go and some of the people at that party are no longer in my circle of friends, but it turned out to be for the better! This year I returned to England, with family and friends. The older you get, the less excited you feel about birthdays, and the less presents you receive, I decided therefore to have a more intimate party with my close friends.

 

I had several offers from different clubs and promoter to host my birthday with them.  However one thing I have definitely learnt from Stevie is if you going to do something do it right, and none of the offers came up to scratch.  I may not be Mariah, but if you are gonna throw me a public party I have Mariah expectations and therefore if those cannot be met I was better off keeping it real, cozy and away from the public eye as much as possible. I was eventually contacted by a wonderful man called Ollie owner of a place called; Mango Lounge! It’s at Earls court, away from the West End, avoiding the busy city area, it’s a beautiful intimate lounge with an amazing selection of cocktails! Downstairs they have a dance floor with DJ and a small bar. This place seemed perfect! I could have conversations with my friends as well as enjoying the music, most importantly I could let my hair down a bit, something which I can never do when I go out as Ayi Jihu these days! The manager Ollie was just amazing.  So I invited those people who I love to spend time with and those people who have supported me, they came from all over the place, Essex, Cambridge etc…

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was amazing! As soon as I walked through the door I loved it, the vibe, the place.  The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, Bethany you rock girl and Ollie you are the best!  It was great to see my friends, some of which I had not seen for many years, I couldn’t stop smiling! Catching up with everyone was amazing, and I would like to thank everyone for their amazing gifts.  I spent a few hours just catching up and sipping cocktails and then we all went down to dance and have some fun. Everyone was getting merry, especially me I think I was just so happy and excited which made me even more tipsy than I actually was! I let myself go that night and it was great, it’s been a while and I could do so safely knowing not only Stevie but my close friends would watch over me if I had one too many.

 

The night ended with happy smiles,  To be honest I think I was a little out of it.  I had a wonderful time, dance loads, talked loads, and yes drank loads too, next day I woke up with a hint of hangover and constantly reminiscing about the great night I had! Thanks to all my friends who joined me! I want to say a big thank you to Mango Lounge and all their staff too, I’m sure I will be back! Most importantly perhaps  Stevie Eagle E! when he’s with you, you have no worries.

Well another day another dollar so the saying goes.  I am sure this next year will be even more exciting than the last.

 

Ayi Jihu

You can see all the photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/ayistarjihu

No comments:

Post a Comment